Here’s how to Install Sinhala Unicode Support on Kubuntu also this may work with (Ubuntu/Mint/Debian)
To View Properly You need to run this video on Full Screen.
also read the Sinhala Install help located at http://sinhala.sourceforge.net/
1. Open your favorite web browser and go to http://sinhala.sf.net
2. Find your OS version and copy the correct APT source. (Ubuntu 8.04 & 8.10 both use the same)
3. Go to /etc/apt and Edit the file “sources.list” as super user (sudo) and add the APT source you copied and save the file and close it.
4. Open a Shell and Run
apt-get install sinhala-gnu-linux
im-switch -z all_ALL -s scim-immodule
5. Logout from Kubuntu and Login back to Kubuntu.
6. Your Done, visit http://sinhala.kalingasblogs.com you should see Sinhala.