here’s how to Install Sinhala Unicode Input Support in Windows Vista. before you begin make sure you meet the following.
1. Windows Vista (Any Edition) (For Windows XP Click Here)
2. Tested with NO Service Packs Installed, may or my not work with SP1
3 You have log in to an Administrative Account on your computer.
4. Testing was done on a English Language Operating System and may no work in other language operating systems.
4. Downloading was done using the Internet Explore and message will be deferent if you use any other browser.
5. Vista is capable of displaying Sinhala Unicode even with out doing any installation and it has the Keyboard Support built in.
Click on the Link “Windows Vista”
Select “Save” when the System prompt you.
System will ask you to select a location to save the file, i have selected the default download location, just click “Save”
File will get downloaded, please allow some time; once the download is finished, click “Close”
Now you need to go to the place where you have save the file to, if you have save the file in the default download location, go to “Start –> Your User Name ”
you will see the “VistaQuickFix.exe” file on the download folder. double click the file and open it.
You will see a Security Wanning asking your authorization to open the file, just say “Run”
There will be a security Alert saying the file is not from a verified source, please say “Allow”
Setup will start automatically.
Click “Next” to continue.
Setup will ask you to select the installation directory, just click “Next”; it will get installed in the default program directory.
Setup will do the installation.
If all went successfully, the system will alert saying the Installation successful. click “OK”
On your talk bar where you “Clock” is you will see a red color icon with Sinhala letter “V” (වී); and “EN” icon, click on the “EN” icon and you will see a menu like below and click “Sinhala” when you want to type in Sinhala.
Your Done, Enjoy !.